* Nelson lifestyle opportunity for a future of sustainable living *
This lovely 4.4 Ha north-facing block of land was seized on as an amazing opportunity four years ago by a group of eco-minded people. At that stage it was one title; since then we have carried out a subdivision creating nine freehold residential titles (totaling about 0.9 Ha), with the remaining 3.5Ha of the land for shared use (Lot 9).
Purchasing a section gives you: 1. Freehold title to a section for a residential dwelling that includes: a) A 1/9th share in the freehold title of Lot 9 (being the remaining land and buildings). b) A 1/9th shareholding in the management company Braemar Eco Village Ltd. c) You also become a partner in the Partnership Company.
Freehold title to a section for a residential dwelling The two remaining sections for sale are sunny, north facing and have great views out towards Nelson Haven. We are interested in offers above the valuation price of: Lot 1: $289,000 (inclusive) Lot 10: $264,000 (inclusive)
• Both sections are 1,000m2 minimum.
• Public services are supplied to the boundary of each site (water, drainage, power, phone)
• Braemar green building code sets building guidelines (full details on request)
• Each site to have approx minimum 9000lt rainwater tank
• Geotech reports/conditions and survey plans are available on request
An 1/9th share in Lot 9 (the remaining land and buildings)
• Braemar Eco Village is the legal entity that encompasses our vision to live a sustainable lifestyle, to live with other people who share like values, to maintain the green space we have around us, to grow our own food, to share some resources and to engage actively with the wider Nelson community.
• Lot 9 (the 3.5 hectares of common land) is being developed into orchards, gardens and shared green space; and is the site of the non-residential buildings.
• The company manages the operational requirements of the site and roles of responsibility are shared among the partners.
Life at Braemar
• You will be part of an intentional village of like-minded people who share the vision outlined above. This is not a community that is bound by hard and fast rules, rather a group of families, couples and individuals who have chosen to live in a sustainable village environment.
• Residents generally participate in monthly meetings and working bees. We hold these over shared meals and they are a good opportunity to get together.
• All lot owners are partners in the Braemar Eco Village Ltd and decisions are made by a simple voting process.
• We have an evolving land plan that includes orchards, gardens, re-vegetation, grazing, crops, recreational space and walking tracks, with space and options for other activities.
Lot 9 buildings The existing non-residential buildings at Braemar are mainly older style weatherboard buildings that have been renovated to varying degrees and which include the following:
• The Barn a beautiful historic two-story building with several attached rooms and amenities. We use this, for storage, as a workshop, for meetings, recreational activities and as a kitchen and living room for our Woofers.
• Williams Block has yoga classes, plus other office spaces of various sizes and toilet and kitchen facilities.
• Nelson Environment Centre is a former classroom block that has been extensively renovated. NEC have a long term lease of the whole building plus the substantial area of land below it.
• Fulton Hogan Shed - a utility building, along with adjoining land, is leased medium term to Fulton Hogan Ltd. land maintenance operation.
• Medium sized storage buildings.
• Several small buildings used for storage, temporary accommodation and the like.
The company operates as not-for-profit with rent from company properties covering basic operating costs and modest improvements.
For further information contact:
Annabel Norman BEV Sales Representative Mob: 022 0605471 Ph: 03 548 4398 E: email@example.com Trade Me: #CZY006