A Passive House, that's what we are building. A concept that's new to New Zealand. Our house will be one of the first Passive Houses in the country.
A Passive House is
- A very well-insulated, virtually air-tight building
- Primarily heated by passive solar gain and by internal gains from its occupants, cooking, appliances.
- Has a an extremely small source
- The only proven performance standard, in contrast with many other green movements
- Saves up to 90% of space heating costs
- Provides a uniquely terrific indoor air quality
- A healthy home
Our house will be a relatively small house (140m2), but very good quality materials.
Follow our journey on www.facebook.com/passivehousenz