Find products and services
View eco friendly homes or list your own eco house
Information on sustainable living
Community chat
Buy eco products

Forum Search

Keyword

Forum

Topic: How to correctly size wood stove & wetback?

by Nick_B 22 Nov 11, 0 replies : Last Post Sort by:
If you would like to receive email alerts when a reply is posted to this forum thread check this check box
This forum thread has been marked as a question and has yet to have an accepted answer. You can earn 'Eco Points' by answering other Ecobob user's forum questions.

Author Post

115 posts
This forum thread has been marked as a question for other Ecobob users to answer. How to correctly size wood stove & wetback? 
Posted 22 Nov 11 6:07 PM
Recently I had experience of a pot belly stove with wetback connected to hot water cylinder. This was a very crude system, with the cylinder water overheating frequently when the stove was used for a few hours. It was basically uncontrollable.

I also know of a similar system friends inherited which was the opposite - they could never get their stove hot. The wetback part was too large for the stove and sucked out too much heat. Eventually they had to upgrade the stove to a larger model to solve the problem.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has done this 'right' :) How to size a wood burning stove correctly, with wetback and possibly a radiator or two connected. I am assuming adding radiator/s might help disperse excess heat when needed, and can hopefully be easily switched off when not required?

1 result found

Ecobob - eco friendly homes on Facebook