The Ecobob member's forum: where members discuss, discover and network all things green and eco.

Keyword Search
Archive

Cost of building a 1-storey vs 2-storey house

Home > Chat Forum > Building design, construction and renovations > Cost of building a 1-storey vs 2-storey house

Cost of building a 1-storey vs 2-storey house

Posted 08 May '19 04:06 PM

My understanding is from what I have heard is that for the same total floor area it is cheaper to build a 2-storey house than build a 1-storey house due to the cost of additional foundation and roof work on a 1-storey house. Is that so? I am also curious to know if all else being equal, what sort of a percentage price difference would one expect there to be between the two options for a level site?

RE: Cost of building a 1-storey vs 2-storey house

Posted 19 May '19 11:17 AM

A 2 storey house involves scaffolding which is not cheap.

Usually, a second storey costs 10-15% more.

RE: Cost of building a 1-storey vs 2-storey house

Posted 09 Dec '20 09:40 PM

Thank you for this insightful thread about the costs of various buildings, much appreciated. While taking a mental break from all the stress this pandemic has caused us, you and your friends check out the free to play on pc this game called gacha club. For any anime fans out there, you’ll surely love this game as it grants you enough creative freedom to make your own your avatar of your own likeness. Also, among us recently released the mira hq map, let's play!

Post Your Own Comment