The Ecobob member's forum: where members discuss, discover and network all things green and eco.

Keyword Search
Archive

Best power supplier in CHCH ?

Home > Chat Forum > Switching to Solar Power > Best power supplier in CHCH ?

Best power supplier in CHCH ?

Posted 10 Nov '17 10:53 AM

Just Installed a solar system,
we want to change from Genesis as our Monitoring system shows that they charge 150% of the kwh we used. So need a new company and a new "smart meter", Any suggestions ?

RE: Best power supplier in CHCH ?

Posted 19 Nov '17 08:11 PM

We are with ecotricity look at their plans we are on solar plan, thay have 6 different pricing levels including lower weekend and off peak rates. $80 gets you their smart metet installed for buy back. I also changed my business to them we use 1500 to 2000 units a month and they came in at 4 cents cheapet s unit than our old providrt meridan . Friend with solar also uses them.

Posted 08 Dec '17 10:24 PM

GlennM: Can I ask who did you go with installing your solar PV?

Posted 16 Jun '18 01:14 PM

We installed a 3kW system with enphase micro inverters here in Christchurch from supercharged energy. They are also now our power company, no buyback for energy exported, however we only pay .10c per kW night rate (including weekend) and .20 for any extra drawn from the grid during the day. We were paying .26 per kW so the savings are fantastic.

Posted 18 Mar '19 03:17 PM

Please be aware that supercharged energy is at the centre of 10 Commerce Commission complaints

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12173250

Post Your Own Comment