The Ecobob member's forum: where members discuss, discover and network all things green and eco.

Keyword Search
Archive

New Ecobob Forum

Home > Chat Forum > Switching to Solar Power > New Ecobob Forum

New Ecobob Forum

Posted 26 Nov '15 11:18 AM

Hi All,

I have just created this new forum. Solar Power has been a really popular topic on Ecobob, so I have created a new space specifically for solar related questions and feedback.

Kind regards,
Kristy

RE: New Ecobob Forum

Posted 26 Nov '16 05:08 PM

Hi folks,
Does anyone have at their fingertips roughly the price difference between a Victron 3 kw and 5 kw invertor? Just trying to do some sums over the weekend.

Thanks!

Posted 26 Jan '17 12:51 PM

Hi Out west,

We are suppliers and experts of Victron equipment please check out our site
http://transmarinepro.co.nz/product-category/inverters-battery-chargers/
or contact us directly on 0279 326815 for any further information or questions on system design.

Thanks

Posted 12 Mar '17 10:48 AM

Hi, we build and supply affordable off grid systems , batteries and equipment , I am an electrician that has over 20 years experience in off grid.We live off grid eco and sustainable just outside Hamilton in 10 acres of native New Zealand bush. email at [email protected]

Posted 22 Nov '19 05:05 PM

I am 2 weeks into solar ownership and the numbers are looking about where i expected, i looked for ages and settled on a 9x 320w Sunpower system with Enphase Q7 micro's
Question is how do i see if my system is peeking on output? the 320 w panels are facing north west and have been flat on production today from about 11:45 to 16:30. at a total of 2207W
I am aware that panels are rated various ways and they are a 320w STC rated panel. Are most companies overstating the wattage as they are more likely to only produce about 2/3rds of the stated output?
Secondly the micros are rated at a max continuous output of 240w (max 250w) so may also be misleading to people that don't check.
Anybody with any experience looking at peak outputs?

Post Your Own Comment