The Ecobob member's forum: where members discuss, discover and network all things green and eco.

Keyword Search
Archive

New to Solar

New to Solar

Posted 15 Jan '16 11:50 PM

Hello, Im new to solar and we are currently looking at building a 11x4m bach but have no access to power. Im wondering if someone could point me in the right direction or a place to start? We are only going to have 7 Led lights 6 x power points and fridge and kitchen are on Gas also. We have a blank canvas and really keen to make sure we do it well as our parents may end up living there full time at some stage. We also have no idea on the cost at this stage as this is the first place I have started to research . Thanks in advance for any help.
Thanks Betty Boo

Ps. The bach is in remote northland with plenty of sun if that helps.

RE: New to Solar

Posted 18 Jan '16 11:41 AM

Hi Betty

Check out My Solar Quotes for a rough idea of off-grid solar prices: https://mysolarquotes.co.nz/about-solar-power/off-grid/off-grid-system-sizes/

Cheers
Kristy

Posted 11 Feb '16 09:12 PM

Look at the American site wind sun forum. In Auckland independent power . Able solar ,
Consider going electric for fridge . Samsung has a good value inverter range , a lot cheaper than a gas fridge . and with solar pv so cheep it may be cheaper . Also you dont have a continual gas flame running in the house as you do with a gas fridge .
asume you will want 230 volt stuff for phone and tv and lights and music and water pump . Get a good Quality inverter , pure sine .
I have been of grid for years , ask more if you want .

Posted 17 Oct '17 10:27 AM

I could really use some advice. We are hoping to go off grid for our home. We are looking at building in the Coromandel. Who is best to go with? How much do we need? How do we get the millions questions answered?
Cheers,
Katherine

Posted 17 Oct '17 10:27 AM

I could really use some advice. We are hoping to go off grid for our home. We are looking at building in the Coromandel. Who is best to go with? How much do we need? How do we get the millions questions answered?
Cheers,
Katherine

Posted 17 Oct '17 10:36 AM

Hi Besos,
If you go to mysolarquotes.co.nz and fill in the online form, you will get 3 quotes for an off-grid system from companies that can do the install in your area. The 3 companies will tell you what is the optimal system size to make sure you have enough power in the darkest days of winter, they will also be able to answer any questions you have. My solar quotes only works with reputable companies, so they will refer you onto quality installers.

Post Your Own Comment