The Ecobob member's forum: where members discuss, discover and network all things green and eco.

Keyword Search
Archive

How to correctly size wood stove & wetback?

Home > Chat Forum > Building design, construction and renovations > How to correctly size wood stove & wetback?

How to correctly size wood stove & wetback?

Posted 22 Nov '11 06:07 AM

Recently I had experience of a pot belly stove with wetback connected to hot water cylinder. This was a very crude system, with the cylinder water overheating frequently when the stove was used for a few hours. It was basically uncontrollable. I also know of a similar system friends inherited which was the opposite - they could never get their stove hot. The wetback part was too large for the stove and sucked out too much heat. Eventually they had to upgrade the stove to a larger model to solve the problem. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has done this 'right' :) How to size a wood burning stove correctly, with wetback and possibly a radiator or two connected. I am assuming adding radiator/s might help disperse excess heat when needed, and can hopefully be easily switched off when not required?

Post Your Own Comment