The Ecobob member's forum: where members discuss, discover and network all things green and eco.

Keyword Search
Archive

Little Cracker in action

Little Cracker in action

Posted 25 May '09 09:21 PM

Does the wood burner conform to clean air standards as set by many councils.

Re: Little Cracker in action

Posted 14 Jul '09 03:02 AM

Hi- the Littlecracker is not clean air approved due to the requirement that the fire needs to be able to be completely shut down, as the movement of the bus creates a vacuum on the flu,creating a blast furnace and fire melt-down if it can draw air! all clean air type fires prevent the complete closing off, of the air supply-but it burns very cleanly and efficiently. thanks - The Manufacturer - www.littlecracker.co.nz

Posted 14 Jul '09 03:41 AM

And only an idiot would drive the bus with the fire going. Please cite the efficiency data if any!

Posted 14 Jul '09 05:20 AM

I believe the regs. do not apply to multi-fuel stoves. I got a building consent to install one here in Wellington. Martynz

Posted 16 Jul '11 06:57 AM

For those looking for an alternative to the Litle Cra cker, I suggest a visit to

http://www.wagenerstoves.co.nz

This NZ company makes a compact chip heater / cooktop woodburning stove space saving version which complies fully with clean air regs and can have a wetback fitted. it also retails for about $250 less than he best price I can find on the Little Cracker.

As much as I like the Little Cracker, I think the Kaitaia made waegener is hard to beat.

Posted 16 Apr '14 11:45 PM

15% off Little Crackers for Eco Bob members

Posted 08 Apr '15 12:07 AM

check it includes full stainless steel flue kit as the Littlecrackers do! I bet it doesnt

Post Your Own Comment