Last updated: 01/11/2019
Here you will find how we collect, use and disclose your information, and how you can correct or change your Personal Information.
Collection of Information
We collect various information about you. This information includes:
- information that personally identifies you such as your name and address (Personal Information), being:
- personal information provided by you in the process of requesting solar quotes; or
- personal information provided by you for any other reason, including enquiries you submit; and
- information that does not personally identify you (Non-Personal Information), being:
- information collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of the Website, including the content you upload and the content you access;
- aggregated data, which tracks traffic to the Website; and
- “cookies”, which are pieces of information transferred to your computer hard drive for record keeping (more information about “cookies” is provided further below).
By allowing us to use your information, including Personal Information, we can provide you with the relevant services you require. Failure to provide Personal Information when requested may result in certain functions of the Website or our services not being available to you.
Use of Personal Information
The Personal Information we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- verification of your identity;
- to answer enquiries you submit on the Website;
- to facilitate contact between you and solar power installer companies for the provision of quotes;
- to help you compare quotes from solar power installer companies;
- to follow up on your dealings with solar power installer companies;
- to request feedback on our services and services of solar power installer companies;
- to send you information we think you may be interested in;
- to assist in providing better services to you by tailoring them to meet your needs;
- to keep the Website relevant and of interest to users;
- to provide further information to you about the Website or other websites we or our related companies (Affiliates) own and services we or our Affiliates provide;
- to promote or market special offers related to our services or solar power in general, including services provided by others; and
- for any other use that you authorise.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- We may disclose your Personal Information for the purposes described above. In particular, if you submit a request for a quote through the Website, we will disclose your Personal Information to solar power installer companies to provide you with a quote.
- When you deal with solar power installer companies facilitated through our Website, you acknowledge you are subject to the privacy policies of any such company and that we are not responsible for how your information is dealt with by any such company.
- We may also disclose any and all information that we collect from you when we believe release is appropriate to comply with laws or regulations, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others or to satisfy legal processes or governmental requests.
- We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information we collect from unauthorised access, loss or misuse. However, as no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or receive through the Website. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
Accessing and Updating your Personal Information
- You have rights of access to and correction of your Personal Information that we hold. We offer the ability to correct or change the information collected at any time if we still hold that information. You may request that we do so by contacting via email: [email protected] or visit the contact us page.
Advertising and Links
- Our Website may contain links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as us. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
- You acknowledge that we have no control over the privacy policies of other businesses and you agree it is your responsibility to review such privacy policies prior to submitting any personal details to them.
- The Website is linked to various social networking sites. Your personal information may be accessed and viewed by users of those sites if you submit your information on those sites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for protecting your personal information on these site.
Cookies and Tracking
- By accessing the Website, some Non-Personal Information such as your IP address, PC platform, Browser and domain (whether you are accessing the site from New Zealand or elsewhere) date and time may be recorded in a “cookie” file.
We may use the information generated by "cookies" to:
- track traffic patterns to and from the Website including information like the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and referring pages (pages you came from or go to);
- ensure advertising is being shown to the most appropriate person and limit the frequency of display for certain advertisement formats; and
- enable you to enter our sites and use certain services without having to log on each time and to visit restricted areas of the Website.
Use and Disclosure of Non-Personal Information
Rights to Information
- The information we hold about you and the related rights we have in relation to that information (as outlined above) are held by Ecobob Limited.
- You acknowledge that we may transfer or licence the information (including Personal Information) and related rights to Affiliates or to any third party in the process of sale or part sale of the Ecobob business.
- If you require any further information, or if you have an issue or complaint, please contact us via email: [email protected] or visit the contact us page.